Askerne
Estate Barbera 2021 750ml

Askerne Estate Barbera 2021 750ml

WINEMAKING NOTES

Picked in the first week of March 2021, this was the first harvest off the new Askerne Barbera block. The fruit was handpicked with 70% destemmed to an open fermenter and the remaining 30% kept as whole clusters gently placed into a separate open fermenter. The destemmed portion was inoculated and fermented with gentle punch downs for extraction. The whole cluster parcel was left intact under inert gas cover to undergo carbonic maceration.  After 10 days the whole clusters (which had started fermenting within the berries) were pressed off to barrel where the juice completed fermentation. The destemmed portion providing darker fruit and palate weight, the carbonic portion providing lifted aromatic spice and juiciness to the palate. This wine was blended and bottled young to retain its vibrancy.

 

ANALYSIS

pH 3.74

TA 5.7 g/l

Alcohol 13.0 %

 

TASTING NOTES

 

Bright and lifted aromatics of tart blackberry, plum and sour cherry with sweet spice scents and a hint of anise. Juicy with crunchy acidity and cocoa like tannins on a palate full of crushed tart berry fruit flavours.  This is an excellent food wine.

10% discount 15+ bottles of Askerne Estate Wines Discount applied in cart
Minimum order: 6 bottles across Askerne Estate's range.

$29.89AUD

Price based on case of any 15x 750ml bottles, all-inclusive of freight, taxes, duty and insurance from NZ Producer to your door in Australia. All prices based on live exchange rate.

Credit Card Logos
back to top